Monthly assessments (HOA dues) for property maintenance, operation of community facilities and certain recreational and community services range from around $550 to $800, depending upon the type of housing owned. The Waterford congregate facility has a higher monthly assessment because it offers more services such as dining and housekeeping. The work is provided to the Homeowners Associations through an on-site property manager.
There is a one-time membership transfer fee, which is currently $7,000, for residents new to the Rossmoor community.
The monthly assessment covers the following on the condominiums and co-ops:
- Work on the exterior of buildings, such as roof and deck replacement and painting
- Landscape maintenance in all neighborhoods; owners of the single-family homes are responsible for their own home maintenance
- Use of all common facilities such as the fitness center, pools, tennis courts and the clubhouses; residents pay a small fee to play golf on the 18-hole and nine-hole courses
- Bus transportation throughout the community and nearby shopping areas and BART
- Security service and front-gate monitoring
- All common landscaping, road and sidewalk work
- Water, trash removal and basic cable TV
- Homeowner association reserves
- Entertainment and cultural programs and movies, counseling services, a full-service library, a weekly newspaper and a TV station.
In co-ops, the fees cover property taxes and hazard insurance of the building (not personal property).